Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ready, set....UGH!

This week has been a bit of a rollercoaster online. I've been up a few buyins, downs a few, then up a few, then down again....over and over. The trick of course would be if I could cut out the bad sessions I'd end up with a very solid week! Over the course of time, I have noticed some patterns which might help me avoid these losses appearing on the ledger.

Bad Session

1. LAG's to the left
Almost every 'bad' session I play involves having a LAG or two sitting behind. I usually find myself torn between staying/leaving because while I'm happy to find a table with a spot, but I really don't like my position. I recall Spambot saying once that having a LAG to your left is great because you always get to act last. But that theory doesn't seem to be working for me....I hate playing big pots or calling down light out of position, and drawing while out of position against a LAG is just plain messy.

2. Starting on the wrong foot
When I first sit and fire up a few tables, my preference is to ease into things then gradually start getting into some pots. Bad sessions usually begin with a whole series of tricky situations and often my showdown % is running at 1 from 5. It's almost like being caught at sea in a storm when each table keeps throwing really tough decisions at you. You have JJ on a dry board and two people shove. You have 2 pair on an all club board and first to act. You value bet TPTK and a LAG shove on the river. In no time I feel frazzled and start bashing the keyboard which typically is a bad sign...


And so the resolution is, I plan to avoid both situations over the coming weeks and hopefully this will improve my bottom line.




FG

No comments:

 
Site Meter