Monday, September 8, 2008

Onward and Upward

Many of my poker buddies have been on a dry stretch but I'm happy to report the last month or so has been pretty kind to me. Last month I turned a nice profit at around 4BB/100 while 4 tabling, nothing spectacular but an improvement on recent efforts. In fact, June was my first ever losing month playing poker and was certainly a bitter pill to swallow.

This month has been a heater though which I'm hoping will continue for a while. Last week was very profitable as I was running at a crazy 18BB/100. It's amazing how these runs influence you're thinking. Every time I'm involved in a big pot, I don't feel that sense of dread that I'm about to get yet another 2 outer or ugly cooler handed down from the mischievous poker Gods. Further to this, I'm in the process of clearing a 40% reload bonus that Stars ran during the world series. After depositing the maximum, I'm a little over halfway through clearing a $240 bonus which is certainly a nice earner.

And finally, I've also stumbled across some good fortune as well. When I made my deposit some months ago the exchange rate with the U.S. dollar was close to parity. Since then, our dollar has dived to around 80c to the dollar. As a result, when I hit my high water mark of 2K the exchange rate will in fact result in a $400 bonus in AU dollars.


FG

No comments:

 
Site Meter