Sunday, October 19, 2008

Across the Universe Part II



I went to this concert a year or two ago at the Sydney Opera House. It was 'Music Through the Ages', starting with classical then progressing right through to Radiohead and Queen. As you can tell I'm a big music buff and snapped up tickets quickly.

The Opera House is an amazing venue for live music. It was architecturally designed for the best acoustics and the result is all the instruments have clarity without sounding the least bit muddy. You might think the 'shell' design looks a little odd but it was done for a reason, not just for a tourist attraction! Backing the vocalist was the Australian Chamber Orchestra, just supremely talented musicians.

And the vocalist was Katie Noonan. I first discovered her in an alt/indie rock band which quickly became my favourite Aussie band, but as you can tell she's also classically trained. Every note was pure and perfect. I've never heard anything like it before.

Now step inside the Opera House:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnjexn3ayOk&feature=related



FG

1 comment:

Memphis MOJO said...

I've travelled a lot, but there are two places that I haven't been that are must-dos for me. One is Alaska and the other is Australia. Maybe when the US dollar gets straightened out . . .

 
Site Meter