Saturday, October 4, 2008

Walking home with Anna Kournikova

Ace King. One of the most misplayed Holdem hands.

Early in my poker life I loved this hand. How hard can it be? It's a drawing hand. Hopefully you flop a pair and win a nice pot of someone with a dominated hand? And of course, you can continuation bet and either take down the pot or still hit a better pair. As long as your don't get tied to one pair it's a great hand.

Lately its a hand i hate with a passion. I'm not exaggerating when I say out of roughly the last 40-50 odd times I had AK, I've hit a pair 3 times. I am serious.

Of those three times, the following has gone down.
Hand1: I pay off a LAG with 2 pair
Hand2: I pay off a LAG with 2 pair
Hand3: I move allin with 2 pair against a maniac. He calls with a bad ace we get runner runner for a split pot. I lose a few bucks in rake.

I do hate to think how much AK has cost me this last month or so.



FG

No comments:

 
Site Meter