Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The biggest leak

This is one of the biggest leaks in my game. The villain is a maniac, he's been raising every pot by 10+BB, so i limp with the idea of coming over the top after everyone else has acted.

But I hate gambling in these spots because I know I have a better edge against these guys. So as I get ready to click the Gambooool button, I hesitate for a while.

Then I figure feck it - it's been a frustrating session and he's only got half a stack.

Yet if he was playing deeper and I'd had a winning session....



FG


Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players




Hero (CO): $24.65

BTN: $5.95

SB: $13.95

BB: $14.65

UTG: $25.15

UTG+1: $5.75

MP: $8.50



Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with AA of clubs JJ of diamonds

3 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB raises to $3.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $24.65 all in, SB calls $10.45 all in



Flop: ($28.15) TT of diamonds 99 of diamonds 88 of diamonds (2 players - 2 are all in)



Turn: ($28.15) 55 of hearts (2 players - 2 are all in)



River: ($28.15) QQ of spades (2 players - 2 are all in)



Final Pot: $28.15

Hero shows AA of clubs JJ of diamonds (a straight, Eight to Queen)

SB shows 22 of spades KK of clubs (high card King)

Hero wins $26.75

(Rake: $1.40)


3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm curious what happened next. Did he rebuy (and for how much), or did he leave the game?

Lots of maniacs push until you push back, then they back off. This guy had no fear.

I recently read a similar post (how to deal with a maniac) by Red Bull poker that you may be intested in here.

matt tag said...

something in the air last night, I guess - I had a guy go nuts with K2 as well.

I can see his "punish the limpers" attempt with any two cards, why not - but then to CALL your limp/shove?

Ooo-fa

Forrest Gump said...

Mojo, he didn't rebuy, Thanks for the link.

MT, he actually snap called with made me go 'Uh oh'. I haven't looked at the math but he probably priced himself in and folding would have been a mistake after i shoved.

 
Site Meter