Thursday, February 25, 2010

No more Holdems

Well not really, but I've come to the conclusion that the NL25/NL50 games on Stars aren't anywhere near as profitable for me as Rush poker or PLO25.

Rush poker still seems to be a fish-fest although the games aren't quite as soft anymore. I do find I enjoy this format more than the regular long-format online game. I often hear people ask if its a fad or how long it will be around, but i think this might be the future of online poker.

An interesting thing I noted while multi-tabling both NLH and PLO recently, was how much more comfortably i can play maniacs in PLO. I was fortunate enough to be sitting snugly to the left of a maniac on a NLH table but still had an awful time finding a playable hand with just two cards. Yet with PLO, there are so many more preflop hand combinations that can profitably call a maniac then either hit the flop extremely hard or be an easy fold.



FG

No comments:

 
Site Meter