Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ride the waves and don't ask where they go

Actually I don't agree with the comment in this video that we should live our lives like a Fibonacci spiral. As with most Tool songs, to some degree I think they're taking the piss with the complexity in the song. The actual idea is that we should ignore our human nature to dissect and over-analyze everything. We should in fact sit back and enjoy the music and not seek to understand every aspect of it.

"Ride the waves and don't ask where they go"


1 comment:

bastinptc said...

Thanks for the clarification. I took my son to a Tool concert when he was too young to go with his friends. The old man enjoyed it. Hearing this song reminds me of where my son developed some of his lyrical and vocal styling.

It is also interesting to note that this particular video was created 15 miles from me. What should I read into this? ;-)

 
Site Meter