Sunday, November 2, 2008

Steady as she goes

Another solid session. Finished up a buyin and a half over maybe 90 mins of play, four tabling. The showdowns are higher than normal as I was calling down some LAG's pretty light. Fortunately my radar was on tonight.

Yet again, I dumped 21 small blinds. When you think about it, it's only $2.10 at 25NL, or around 2 standard preflop raises. There's all sorts of pros and cons to doing this:

Cons
- for only a half bet I might flop a monster
- when i fold my SB in an unraised pot I'm flagging I'm a tight player

Pros
- the game becomes simpler as I'm getting into less ugly spots out of position
- i might actually flop a 2nd best monster. A not-so-rare example might be capping with 75s, getting a 772 flop then losing a big pot to someone with A7.



During current Hold'em session you were dealt 227 hands and saw flop:
- 15 out of 26 times while in big blind (57%)
- 4 out of 25 times while in small blind (16%)
- 23 out of 176 times in other positions (13%)
- a total of 42 out of 227 (18%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 9 (88%)
Pots won without showdown - 12


fg

2 comments:

Cardgrrl said...

I'm struck by the big difference between our stats.

I usually win 55 percent or so of my showdown hands, but my ratio of hands won without showdown is much much higher.

If I had to guess, I'd say this means I'm looser, stealing more, and generally more aggressive. I'm not sure at all that it means I'm winning more money than you, though!

Forrest Gump said...

Definitely looser, it's not possible to play too much tighter. Stealing more, yep - I play the ABC version of ABC. Aggression-wise, I raise at least 4-5BB and push pretty hard if i think I'm in front. I usually win ~3 times as many pots without showdown. This session I found some fish calling me down with not much.

 
Site Meter