Sunday, March 22, 2009

Navel gazing

Having dug myself out of another hole, it was time for a introspection.

- When I sit down for a session and trip at the first hurdle then continually caught in a series of really tough spots, my best option is to close all tables and just leave. It’s important to start on the right foot and stay in the right frame of mind.
- I now have no doubt sitting at the table with the Lag’s or soft spots behind me is a bad option. I need to investigate if I can ‘wait’ for a better seat without losing my place in the line. When I'm sitting snugly behind some maniac the game becomes very, very straight forward.
- NL25 is back into a lull after the recent reload period and from now I expect it to be a slow grind.
- I am a ‘spot’ at 25PLO. The games are softer but at best I’m marginally better than the bad players, on par with the average players and outclassed by the PLO regulars. Back to PLO10 for me.
- I won’t play another tournament for less than $5 buyin. I feel like the payout for lower tournaments doesn’t come close to justifying my time and my concentration is much better when I’m playing for worthwhile stakes.

1 comment:

bastinptc said...

Just to tell you, I've noticed a change in the $25 PLO games over the last week. The really easy money has disappeared, which now makes me the easy money. The skill level has gone up a notch or two, and it is nigh impossible to get a player to over commit, unless that player is me and I've just been two-outered. I'm looking to move down for a bit.

 
Site Meter