Thursday, March 5, 2009

Before you sit down

When all three moons are aligned, I find this game becomes so much simpler.


3. The best state of mind
It's just common sense that you don't play when you head isn't on right. This is a game of continuous decision making, so playing tired or angry etc is a big no-no. And of course, your state of mind can change during a session...

2. The best table
It's simply about increasing your edge and profitability. I purposely seek out tables with 2 or more particularly bad 'spots' at the table. If my assumptions are right, they're lucky to last a few rounds of the button then it's time to find another table. In a 1 hour sessions, I can easily churn through 15 or 20 tables while four tabling.

1: The best seat
You need the best seat at the table. LAG's and maniacs behind you is a big no-no. It's ugly poker when all your big pots are out of position. Admittedly it is super hard to let a table go when there's a completely clueless donk sitting immediately behind you. And the good players either side of you is also bad - ideally you want them opposite you.


Interestingly, the most important factor had always been nagging away at me for such a long time but it had been off my list. Then I heard a top cash game player describe how seating is the #1 factor and it confirmed my suspicions.

This is what works for me anyway.



FG

No comments:

 
Site Meter