Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Like a little sausage?"

I do love the mental aspect of this game and on occasion I throw a few cheeky comments to gauge a reaction. Sometimes it results in a little information about the opponent. On occasion, it can tilt them a little.

Last night I had an unexpected reaction during a heads up game with someone from Frankfurt.


Gump: "Ah, Frankfurty - like the sausage"

(Poking a little fun at his hometown and a slight gay reference joke. I also tend to purposely mistype to add to the image)

Opponent: (various expletives)

Interesting reaction. I guess I'll push a little further

Gump: "Er, I mean, do you like a little sausage?"

(I should also note that his avatar was a picture of a man with no shirt on)

Opponent:
(even more various expletives)

Gump: "I mean, cos looking at your pic I just assumed you do...? Awe jeez, I'm sorry man"


Whether by coincidence or not, that guy starting over-betting and shoving a lot of hands.




FG

2 comments:

Crash said...

Excellent! Both funny and effective poker.

This is 'James' from comments at bastin's blog. Am going to start reading you, too.

Do/did you play at pao?

Forrest Gump said...

Tx James, yes I played quite a bit on PAO as Forrest Gump, Timmy and Butterbean.

 
Site Meter