Friday, August 1, 2008

“Share the love..that's what it's for”



I love this image and it's now my avatar on Stars. I'm always pestering support for 'just one more change' but i think this one is a keeper. The back story from the artist makes this special.




Artist: Scott Robinson
T-shirt version of My Buddha.

I was initially reluctant to share this with anyone, because it was so personal for me, but after thinking about why, I thought different of it.

This design is a homage to a dearly departed friend of mine..his name was Mark Foote, but everyone knew him as Skip.
Skip was one of the finest skateboarders I`ve ever known, and his boundless energy and enthusiasm for life knew no equal.

He had a grin that would light the room, and he was always up for a “spiritual/way of the world” conversation..he tried to teach me to meditate on a few occasions, but I never really caught on.
I used to think that he was the embodiment of Buddha on earth, always smiling, laughter in his eyes, and skill on a board that must come from somewhere else.

Skip once told me to “share the love..that`s what it`s for” so that`s what I`m doing here..



http://www.redbubble.com/people/resisto/clothing/67622-15-skip-s-buddha




FG

No comments:

 
Site Meter