Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fairies Wear Boots

I'm not a big re-raiser. I think it's to do with the nature of micro-limits. In most pots there's a tendency to blow pots beyond their value and quite often I find myself battling to hold to the river with marginal but possibly best hands.

I think this hand is a clear case for re-raising on the flop and after the session this hand I was pleased with.

Trasher hasn't been at the table long but is yet to play a hand. Tutu is the soft spot at the table I'm targeting. On the flop I figure noone has raised so I must have best hand unless I'm coolered to quads. Yes, it did go through my mind....so call me Forrest Tilly. In reality though, from the SB it wouldn't be that hard to put Trasher on the case 3 and I honestly would lean to folding to a 3 bet shove from him. There's also the possiblity he's got 88-99 or has played a high pair a little funky.

When Tutu calls and Trasher then folds I was very happy with my spot now. The rest of the hand wasn't so interesting - basically just pot control but planning to see the river.

Overall, I've been happy with my play and seem to be making good decisions. One thing I've noticed that that the games seem to have really juiced up since the reload bonus over Christmas. Hopefully the trend continues.


Hold'em Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2009/01/08 4:49:21 ET
Table 'Hygiea X' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: blue taboo 2 ($7 in chips)
Seat 4: Forrest Gump ($28.05 in chips)
Seat 5: Combifrank ($10.90 in chips)
Seat 7: tutitututu ($22.65 in chips)
Seat 8: Endova ($16.30 in chips)
Seat 9: trasher101 ($25.10 in chips)
trasher101: posts small blind $0.10
Rübezahl000 joins the table at seat #6
blue taboo 2: posts big blind $0.25
rock55: sits out
gyver11833: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Forrest Gump [7s 7c]
Forrest Gump: calls $0.25
Combifrank: folds
tutitututu: calls $0.25
Endova: calls $0.25
trasher101: calls $0.15
blue taboo 2: checks
*** FLOP *** [3h 3c 3d]
trasher101: bets $1
blue taboo 2: folds
Forrest Gump: raises $1.25 to $2.25
tutitututu: calls $2.25
Endova: folds
trasher101: folds
*** TURN *** [3h 3c 3d] [Ks]
Forrest Gump: checks
tutitututu: checks
*** RIVER *** [3h 3c 3d Ks] [2d]
Forrest Gump: checks
tutitututu: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Forrest Gump: shows [7s 7c] (a full house, Threes full of Sevens)
tutitututu: mucks hand
Forrest Gump collected $6.45 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $6.75 | Rake $0.30
Board [3h 3c 3d Ks 2d]
Seat 1: blue taboo 2 (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: Forrest Gump showed [7s 7c] and won ($6.45) with a full house, Threes full of Sevens
Seat 5: Combifrank folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: tutitututu mucked [5s Ac]
Seat 8: Endova (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: trasher101 (small blind) folded on the Flop



During current Hold'em session you were dealt 427 hands and saw flop:
- 32 out of 52 times while in big blind (61%)
- 6 out of 53 times while in small blind (11%)
- 30 out of 322 times in other positions (9%)
- a total of 68 out of 427 (15%)
Pots won at showdown - 10 of 14 (71%)
Pots won without showdown - 13

2 comments:

matt tag said...

You played this well.

Hard to put a tight player on the case 3 - what did he play? A3? 34s? Seems unlikely.

I like the raise on the flop as well - especially against a soft player. You're telling him "I HAVE the boat, and you?".

The King on the turn hits all kinds of crap in his range, so playing for pot control out of position is your best bet. Well done

Memphis MOJO said...

Is the title from the Black Sabbath song?

 
Site Meter