Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Upside-down session

Today I played what I call an upside-down session.

First table, first hand I get KK. Next hand TT. Next hand AKo against an opponent with AKs. He rivered a flush and I lost $5 with top pair. A few hands later I turn a boat and win back that $ plus a small profit. Then I go completely card dead and finish up even for the night.

I really hate those sessions when I'm thrown into the thick of battle before I have a chance to get settled. I like to sit down and get my head around the game. I like to browse the hand histories and get a read on the key players. Then after 20 or 30 hands when I'm settled, if the poker gods could throw me something to play poke with I'm happy to oblige.

It's a little like my namesake UFC fighter Forrest Griffin. I remember an interview where he said he's a very slow starter and takes a good punch in the head for him to wake up and think "Oh yeah, I better pay attention". ;)

Speaking of UFC or mixed martial arts fighting. I was thinking recently how poker is to chess what UFC is to boxing. In UFC the favourite is far from a sure thing and this is what makes it such a fascinating specatacle. Also interesting to see that most fighters in the recent UFC event were sporting Full Tilt logos.

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch/forrest-griffin-ufc-86-post-fight-interview-at-2008-wsop/678549bc3b393a51fcac6b02d58bc2

Back at the ranch, at the moment my BR is around $1200. Half of that is from a $600 deposit to make the most of the recent reload bonus. Once I clear 3000 FPP's I'll get a $150 bonus from Stars. It's actually not all that hard to clear as I'm already at 500 FPP's. I do highly recommend the reload bonuses when they come up.




FG


During current Hold'em session you were dealt 219 hands and saw flop:
- 9 out of 26 times while in big blind (34%)
- 5 out of 25 times while in small blind (20%)
- 14 out of 168 times in other positions (8%)
- a total of 28 out of 219 (12%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 5 (40%)
Pots won without showdown - 16

No comments:

 
Site Meter